Newport Beach Fire Department at a glance:
Equipment and Personnel (38 Personnel On-Duty 24/7):
• 1 – Battalion Chief
• 10 – Fire Apparatus Engineers
• 10 – Paramedic/Firefighters
• 7 – Firefighters
• 10 – Fire Captains
• 2 – Fire/Arson Investigators (additional duty) on-duty per day.
8 Fire Stations:
• 8 Fire Engines
• 2 Aerial Ladder Trucks
• 3 Paramedic Rescue Ambulances
• 2 Additional Ambulances available for staffing during peak times.
Specialized Units: Polaris Ranger Rescue Vehicle, Office of Emergency Services Type 1 Engine
The Newport Beach Fire Department is an “all risk” emergency organization. We respond to the following requests for service:
• Pre-hospital Medical Emergencies
• Technical Rescues
• Traffic Accidents
• Vehicle Extrications
• Major Flooding
• Hazardous Materials Incidents
• Beach Rescues
• High Rise Incidents
• Wildland Fires
• Disaster Operations/Mass Casualty
• Active Shooter Incidents
• Terrorism Liaison Officers: All NBFD personnel are trained in terrorist activity recognition and are affiliated with the Orange County Intelligence Assessment Center.
• Fire Safety Inspections
• Building Pre-Planning
• Public Education
Community Emergency Response Team:
The Newport Beach Fire Department Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program is designed to prepare residents and businesses in the event of a catastrophic disaster. Because emergency services personnel will not be able to help everyone immediately, we train you to make a difference by using CERT training to save lives and protect property.